Deepika's Take on Beauty, Fitness and Make-up

She’s gorgeous, successful and stunningly beautiful. Compliment her about her looks and she says matter-of-factly, “Beauty is merely skin deep. Yes, I need to look good but I am not overly obsessed with being beautiful. In fact, I am quite happy with what God’s given me. Beauty to me is basically looking after myself.”

Gorgeous Skin: “As an actress , makeup is my best friend. But when I am not shooting, I avoid wearing makeup. My skin needs to breathe so I stick to the basics like moisturizer and lip balm. My daily skincare regimen involves cleansing, toning and moisturizing. Healthy skin needs mild cleansing, for which I use gentle soaps. I also keep my skin clean by going for regular cleanups. I am really not into facials so I mostly avoid them. Also, I am very particular about removing my makeup before I go to bed.”

Body Beautiful
: “A healthy body should be a priority for everyone – I make it mine too! My dad (former badminton champ Prakash Padukone) has inculcated in me the value of being fit. I start off with a rejuvenating weekly body massage with lukewarm coconut or baby oil. I also drink a lot of water as the body needs proper hydration. It also keeps the skin supple.”

Fit Facts: “I work out as often as possible. Since I am regularly traveling, it becomes difficult to have a daily workout routine but whenever I hit the gym, I do cardio and light weights. I have an athletic body, thanks to the years I dedicated to badminton, but I do concentrate on my butt area.”

Eating Right: “I absolutely love food but I always make sure I have a balanced diet with enough carbs and proteins, and am also very particular about dietary proportions. I have three main meals in a day, breakfast being the most important of them all. I love eating South Indian food but since it can be heavy sometimes, I try and balance it by say, having a dosa minus the potato filling. If I am having eggs, I eat egg-whites only and if I have idlis, I substitute coconut chutney with mint chutney.”

Beauty Buzz
: “Simple and quick! A healthy lifestyle, nutritious diet and the correct skincare and fitness regimen all go hand in hand to make possible a beautiful you today and tomorrow. I am a firm believer in skincare... the natural way. One should never try to go overboard on any products, as I think the more you experiment with your skin, the worse it gets. Always stick to the basics of skincare.”

Make-up Fixes: “Makeup artistes can give you any amount of makeup tips but just remember one should never put too many good things together; they all get lost. Let few great things shine through. For instance, if I enhance my eyes with kohl, I keep my lips bare or just dab some lip balm. And honesty, the less the makeup, the less plastic you look.”

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My Zimbio