Beauty Product of the Week: Smoothers Pressed Powder

What is it? Cover Girl's Smoothers Pressed Powder promises you will get "a perfectly-finished look with this silky-smooth power. Special light-reflecting pigments help minimize the appearance of fine lines and imperfections. Can be worn alone, or over your Cover Girl foundation to help your look last." Available in a plethora of shades for less than $6.50 at most drugstores.

What did you think? I was a little hard on poor Cover Girl last week, so today I'm going to be positive. I love this pressed powder. It's a classic beauty item that, while not very exciting, is a beauty work horse.

If I'm feeling a little shiny, a quick pat of pressed powder is all I need to knock out the shimmer. If I want my lipstick to last longer, a quick hit on my lips and then an application of lipstick does the trick. Hell, if I need to check myself out to make sure my lashes aren't clumping or that funny stray chin hair isn't too noticeable (hey--we all have to deal with these things!), I pull out the compact and use the handy-dandy mirror.

This is a very basic product, but it does what I want it to: it cuts shine and makes my skin look better. There is a fragrance-free version of this product, but I sort of like the clean, powdery smell of the classic version.

The final verdict? I've been using this product ever since I started using makeup. While I sometimes use fancier products in lieu of pressed powder, I almost always have one of these compacts of pressed powder in my emergency makeup kit. Cover Girl has a winner on it's hands, and thankfully they haven't messed with perfection over the years. Now if they would just quit their animal testing, this product would be perfect.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My Zimbio