Why I was in court

(see it looks like I'm well not, behind bars, but in front of them! ha ha ha ha)
so...my gramma always said, if you take all your skeletons out of the closet, no one will have anything to find out about you.....(this is all paraphrasing what she said....)

so here is why I was in court facing criminal charges (ridiculously untrue charges)...

my son...Jordan who is almost 13, was home by himself....(for 2 hours)
SIDENOTE: when I was 12 I babysat a 9 month old baby, all by myself all summer long!

he and his friend ended up trying to light a cereal box on fire... (not the greatest thing to do....I as a girl was never fascinated with fire, lighting lighters even scared me!)
they threw the box over the fence or something, into an empty lot.....(nothing was on fire)
one of my neighbors, that doesn't talk to me, called the police

Jordan was interrogated by the police....he told the cops I was in LA, which was true....my mom had just been at my house and left Jordan there for 2 hours, when this happened!

They're were dirty dishes in the sink from their breakfast...and I guess the house was a little messy from the little kids being there....the police decided to search throughout my house and take picture of all my cabinets and drawers...looking for "drugs"...which we all know I don't do!!!

He said it was unfit living conditions, and that I would be charged with Child Endangerment and Child Neglect, because I had a home with the "ingredients" to make a "flame-thrower"......
WHAT ingredients you might ask???? Hair Spray! I had hair spray, and I had a lighter- a lighter I use to light my Scented Oil- Burner to make my house smell nice!

I was in LA working when this happened....I called the policeman, who yelled at my entire family and called my mom a liar! (My mom is the most honest person you'll ever meet!)...my grandpa even got into an argument with the cop and said, "honey, he's a real poop-head!"....

So in court I asked for a public defender, because I don't have money to hire an attorney...and the judge said no...so I didn't even get to plead NOT GUILTY!!! Now I have to go back in 3 weeks, and try to find someone who will represent me...without any money to really pay them.

I know all these charges are false and ridiculous, but they are serious...and I don't have much faith in the judicial system to be fair, with what I've witnessed already with my court dealings!
The charges state something about a year in prison and all this other scary stuff! Anyone that knows me, knows I'm a great mom, that I'd do anything for my lil' ones....I even blog about it!
www.adventuresinkandeeland.blogspot.com

I have been upset over this for sometime now...I know I didn't do anything wrong! I just don't have the money right now to deal with this, and I have seen so many unfair things happen in court! People that do horrible things just get a pat on the hands, and someone who hasn't done anything gets sent to prison!

I know I can beat this...I will just pray for God to give me peace, and hopefully a kind hearted attorney that can help me! All these difficulties will grow my strength and character! So my garden of "strongness", will be blossoming with "we can do it-ness"! Small things seem so much less worrisome, when you've been through bigger stuff! ha ha ha ha

So here's to everyone going through something hard right now! We will get through this together! We are a band, a team, a family of encouragers...and I am sending huge love and "you-can-do-it-ness", to each one of you!!!!! Go team KANDEE-KREW!!!!!
I heart you all...and I cherish your words more than you know!!!!!! I sat, reading all the love you all sent me, in my little uncomfortable plastic chair at the DMV today, after my court thing!

I don't have money to hire an attorney which I need to have before I go back to court on February 3rd....I will be selling some of my things on ebay, to try to raise a few dollars to help me fight this! Anything will help! So be on the lookout for my "help-me-get-a-lawyer-and-get-yourself-a-kandee-treasure" sale on ebay, soon!

giant love, kandee

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My Zimbio